Concourse Media is always looking for talented individuals with expertise in the fields of writing, design, search marketing, and web development. If you feel you would be an asset to Concourse Media, please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Do you have a passion for daytime soap operas? Do you possess exceptional writing skills? Concourse Media is looking for freelance entertainment writers to contribute content about daytime soap operas to our premium entertainment website, www.Fame10.com. If you’re looking for freelance work and are interested in sharing your passion about daytime soap operas with a large audience, this freelance position may be perfect for you.
The ideal candidate is familiar with all the big daytime soap operas (All My Children, Young and the Restless, General Hospital, Days of our Lives, Bold and the Beautiful, As the World Turns, Dallas, Passions etc.) and is also an enthusiastic, creative person with extremely strong written communication skills. They will also be able to quickly, effectively and efficiently research new topics and subject matter in order to write about them from an informed position.
- Development of rich, engaging content about soap operas
- Help identify new topics and themes to research to write about
- Proofreading, editing and quality control of content
- Able to meet tight deadlines
SKILL & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Comprehensive knowledge of daytime soap operas
- Strong creative writing and editing skills
- Exceptional typing skills and efficiency
Please include at least one writing sample with your resume.
ABOUT CONCOURSE MEDIA
Concourse Media is one of North America’s leading online desktop and mobile publishing companies. Our publications attract over 25 million readers each month across a growing portfolio of web properties in Lifestyle, Health, Entertainment, Travel and Sports.
Concourse Media is seeking a savvy technical individual to join our audience acquisition team. This position requires hands-on knowledge of search engine marketing (SEM), search engine optimization (SEO), WordPress, and various programmatic marketing platforms such as Google AdWords and Bing Ads.
Paid search marketing requires an analytical mindset including the ability to monitor performance and optimize campaigns accordingly. This individual will have the ability to write effective ad copy, manage high volumes of keywords and campaigns, A/B test creatives, and analyze data in Google Analytics.
- Lead day-to- day management of content and search campaigns including keyword generation, ad copy writing, and multi-variant testing.
- Analyze marketing campaigns across multiple search engines and content platforms to ensure customer acquisition and conversion goals are being met.
- Utilize data modeling and testing to maximize the effectiveness of pay per click campaigns.
- Develop and test new campaigns to better target users and improve overall marketing efficiencies.
- Identify high value demographics and target them accordingly.
- Develop a high level of digital marketing and search engine marketing expertise.
- Familiarity with content discovery platforms.
- Familiarity with social media marketing.
- Strong time management and self-awareness.
- Strong organization skills with attention to details and dates.
- University degree or college certificate preferred.
- Solid understanding of internet technologies.
- Experience using Google Adwords and/or Microsoft Bing Ads.
- Experience using multi-variant testing environments.
- Advanced knowledge of Excel and Word.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent time and project management skills.
- Creativity, teamwork, and strong attention to detail.
ABOUT CONCOURSE MEDIA
Concourse Media is one of North America’s leading online desktop and mobile publishing companies. Our company attracts over 20 million readers each and every month – worldwide across a growing portfolio of web properties in Lifestyle, Health, Entertainment, Travel, and Sports.
This is an on-site position in Guelph, ON
Who we are
Concourse Media is a leading North American online desktop and mobile publishing company. We are passionate about changing the way consumers interact and engage with content online. Our Company attracts over 30 million readers worldwide per month across a growing portfolio of web properties covering Lifestyle, Health, Entertainment, Travel and Sports.
We are a young and vibrant group of writers, designers, developers, and advertising specialists who use interactivity, functionality, and engagement to drive the creative process. We infuse our sites and online videos with a new style of web publishing that brings unique and original content to the forefront for coveted consumer demographics.
Why we need you
Concourse Media is looking for Intermediate / Senior Web Developers to join our growing and talented tech and design team to help us build scalable custom tools and extensions for other departments as well as our web properties. We’re also having a hard time getting past the 4th level on Donkey Kong and could use some support.
What we offer you
Concourse Media is a growing and exciting Canadian publishing company. Our compensation packages include flexible work hours, work from home availability, health benefits, dental benefits and more. We have an arcade cabinet that needs love and a Friday afternoon Happy Hour that needs more fun seekers!
Who you are
You love to code! You get satisfaction from building an idea into a great product. You continually improve your craft by learning from others and you love to share what you’ve learned with your peers. You will own and run multiple projects within the company and be accountable for their successful delivery.
You’re an expert Pac Man, Street Fighter II, or other old school arcade master. If you don’t fit into this category, your meme game better be on point.
What To Expect:
As Intermediate / Senior Web Developer, you will report to the CTO and be required to:
- Identify and provide technical solutions to business problems.
- Work with management to improve productivity through automation and AI.
- Learn about and become an expert in Concourse Media.
- Be a flexible, fast and enthusiastic developer who is committed to delivering high quality results
- 3+ years expert experience with server-side web development technologies on the LEMP stack (Linux, NGINX, MySQL and PHP).
- Fundamental understanding of Object Oriented PHP development.
- Experience and proficiency with MySQL databases.
- Experience with agile development methodologies.
- Experience with source control software such as Git repositories.
- Internally motivated and able to work both independently and effectively within a team.
- Strong communication skills both internally within the tech and design team and externally with non technical staff.
- Encouraging, passionate, inspiring in all things.
- 3+ years’ experience as a Software Developer.
- College or University degree in Computer Science or a related discipline.
- Strong initiative to find ways to improve solutions, systems, and processes.
- Knowledge and experience using DocBlock.
- A positive individual wishing to contribute to a growing company.
- Experience using the Symfony framework.
- Experience in small business IT.
- Experience with Varnish cache.
- Past experience with Linux operating systems, such as Ubuntu.
- Experience with web server software NGINX and PHP-FPM..
- Experience with Facebook, DFP, Google Analytics and associated APIs.
- Experience using Doctrine.
- Experience using Composer.
ABOUT CONCOURSE MEDIA
At Concourse Media, we are defined by our core values: They define who we are, how we think and how we act as individuals and as an organization. Core Values transcend business goals and shape our culture. Our core values are mandatory and not flexible and all team members must live them and be accountable to them.